Skip to main content

What I am obsessed with right now

I haven't done one of these in a while and I promised myself I would try to blog more regularly, so here I go!

1) Fallout 4

I am pretty much posting about this in every non-professional thing I have written in since the game came out. This game is so addictive. Fallout 3 was great, but this really put everything over the edge of notabletofunctionintherealworldneedtoplaymore for me. I have spent far too many hours of my life building up my settlements, because you can build stuff people! Also, I have an all girl gang that comprises of me, Piper, and Dogmeat. We all wear cool red bandanas and we are called Raiders #1. The best raiders in the Commonwealth!

2) Nico Vega


So, I just found this band through Spotify and I think they are great. Anyone who does a cover of a Cher classic pretty much has my attention and their cover is damn awesome. Since I know nothing about music I needed to Google this, but I found out they are an 'American alternative rock band' (thanks Wikipedia!) So, if you like that type of music give them a looksee!

3) The Espresso Martini


I've been trying to get classy and make cocktails. Why? Well, really I am broke from my kickstarter campaign and have no money to go out :P. My solution to this is obviously to frequently invite friends over and instead drink all the half bottles of random liquor I have in my house. A good friend of mine posted about this cocktail from his vacation in lovely, sunny Australia so I knew it had to be good. My permutation took a slightly different track than the cool absolute vodka link in the header. But it is tasty! If you want to make mine:

Liz's Kitchen Cupboard Espresso Martini
2 parts vodka
1 part amaretto 
1 part cold instant 'espresso'**  
1/2 part simple syrup
**instant coffee made with an extra spoonful of granules - super classy!

Fill a shaker with a few ice cubes, add in your liquids, cap on, shake, pour and enjoy!

4) Victoria Junior!!!



I backed this Kickstarter last year by +manny Trembley for a comic about a little girl who finds parents who are monsters. Her name is Victoria Junior and she is bold, creative, and epic! I got my reward for this a few months back and the book is so nice. I really love Manny's drawing style and Victoria is a really lovely character. She is so courageous and definitely has the spirit of the kind of person I looked up (and dreamed of being) to when I was younger. Also, it was super awesome because in the last Kickstarter we unlocked a colouring book and I can't wait to use it... Though I am also slightly terrified, because I don't want to ruin in.

If you think Victoria is awesome and you're sad you missed the Kickstarter - you don't have to be. Manny has made a new campaign for a second installment of the series and you can order the first book as well! Check it out here: Victoria Jr. presents Little Prometheus.

5) Strahd von Zarovich

Wow! Much vampire! So cape! 

Ravenloft will be the next D&D campaign setting! This is exciting news people. Ravenloft! And in honour of this, I am adding Strahd von Zarovich to my list of things I am obsessed with right now. I knew about Ravenloft for a long time, but I never played in the setting till a few years ago when my best friend decided to run a campaign there. It had all the epicness of Ravenloft I expected and one ass-hole, evil, chillingly smooth, creepy, vampire, butthead. Seriously -_-.

If you know me, you'll know that I love vampires and am pretty obsessed with them. Why? I dunno I blame the local library with laxed policies on what they're letting kids check out, hormones, and Anne Rice. So I was super excited when I heard that a vampire might be our main antagonist for the game. And, despite the names I called him up there (which are all totally apt) Strahd did not disappoint. He was everything I imagined an evil vampire lord to be and was dripping with as much Dracula coolness that someone could pack into one character.

What was refreshing for me about the character was that he was, in fact, a throw back to the old-school version of vampires. He wasn't a Lestat, Louis, Angel, Spike, Damon, Klaus, Johnathan, David, or Adam (thought shout out to all you brooding hotties). He was a badass and he was Dracula. He had just enough broody-nes to give me the fix I needed, while being utterly terrifying! And this is why Stradh deserves some love, some obsession, and to die at my hands when I play the next campaign setting. A girl can dream, right?

xx,
Liz

Comments

  1. I;m gonna do one of these and every single one will be Star Wars... xD

    It's good to see you're enjoying Fallout! Femke and Sven and my BF are playing too.

    Nico Vega is really cool, I'm gonna check it out on Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The international phase of the first Arab-Israeli war took place after a UN General Assembly resolution recommending the partition of Palestine into separate Arab and Jewish states and Israel’s subsequent declaration of its status as an independent state on May 14, 1948. Cheap Jordan Shoes,Transjordanian forces were small but well-trained and professional. Abdullah initially assigned them the mission of taking control of all territory that had been allocated lor the Arab state in the partition of Palestine. The British were informed of this plan by General Glubb with British foreign Secretary Bevin responding, “It seems the obvious thing to do ... but do not go and invade the area allocated to the Jews.”, Later, the Jordanians departed from this plan and became involved in heavy fighting in Jerusalem, Air Jordan Shoes, which was projected to have been an international city under the UN resolution. This change in plan led to an increased use of the Arab Legion in exactly the sort of fighting that Glubb had hoped to avoid.

    The Arab Legion commander considered the Jewish militia (Hagana) and strike force (Palmach) to be adept at urban combat in ways that his Bedouin troops were not. Unsurprisingly, both Israeli and Transjordanian casualties were heavy in the subsequent fighting within the city. King Abdullah claims to have refocused his efforts on Jerusalem in response to urgent appeals for rescue from Arabs living there, and thus directed his military away from a variety of more feasible missions. These statements probably do not reflect the full story. Abdullah is also known to have felt a special emotional tie to Jerusalem and may have believed he had a family responsibility to defend the Muslim holy sites from Israeli capture. As the fighting went forward, Retro Jordans, it quickly became apparent that Jerusalem would not be internationalized at the end of the war, and one side or the other would establish control over the area through military action.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Origina Replica Breitling claimed the bubble as a potential source of weakness that they were finally able to overcome with technology. Well, heading back to the late 1960’s and the high-end?,Rolex Submarine the brand took a page from the contemporary Detroit era of cars – as in, there’s no cure for cubic inches. In 1:1 Replica Rolex Watches case, though,He sent lots of pictures along the way to show the innards of the?Omega Watches , including the Hermes handbags correctly signed inside case back.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Flower Pattern

Here is another pattern, for the happy flower I made for my co-worker! Enjoy!

***

Happy Flower Amugurumi Pattern

***

Materials= 3 to 4 colours of yarn, safety eyes (or another colour of yarn for the eyes)

Hook = 2.5mm

CH = Chain
SC = Single Crochet
TC= Triple Crochet
ST= Stitch
FO = Finish Off
DEC = Decrease

***

Head
Foundation = Magic ring 6 (if you don’t know what a magic ring is please find a tutorial here. This is the tutroial I learnt from and it is awesome ^_^)
Round 1= 2 SC in each ST around
Round 2= 1 SC in the next ST then SC twice in next ST - do this till end of round
Round 3= 1 SC in the next 2 ST then SC twice in next ST - do this till end of round
Round 4= 1 SC in the next 3 ST then SC twice in next ST - do this till end of round
Rounds 5 -15 = SC around
Round 16= 1 SC in the next 3 ST then DEC - do this till end of round
Round 17= 1 SC in the next 2 ST then DEC - do this till end of round
(This is a good time to add your eyes & stuff the head!)

Body
Round 18= Switch yarn colour …

Beholder Pattern

Here is the patterns for Paul, the Albino Beholder. You can of course, make him a normal ruddy beholder colour if you want (it is your amigurumi :D), but I simp[ly thought the world didn’t have enough happy-go-lucky cute things ;). Also, if you find the 10 eye-stalks too much you can also put less on. (I won’t even get into an intense nerd-debate with you about hoe a beholder actually does need all 10 eyestalks in order to be awesomely magical.)

***

Beholder

***

Materials= I colour of yarn, 1 safety eye, 10 black beads (see below), yarn needle, thread for sewing a mouth

Hook = ((2.5mm)) I am not putting a 'strict' hook size here, because you can basically do this pattern with any size hook & any size yarn. The larger the yarn/hook, the larger your beholder will be. However! This is very important make sure to guage your thread around the black beads that you buy for the eye stalks. My pattern calls for a CH6 around the eye beads and you should check this before you start. If y…

DIY Tutorial - Mini Doll Houses

Recently on my G+ page I have been posting a lot of pictures of these tiny 'doll houses' I have made. Since I have been so busy in my life etc. making these tiny creations has really been a big form of stress relief for me. You can get one done in an evening or two and the result is totally adorable and pleasing.


I first found out about miniature doll houses on the blog Open House Miniatures. They talk about the history and origin of these things, so if you are interested in that please give their blog a look. There is also a tutorial on the blog, but I found it rather confusing, because I wanted to make my own houses rather than the print out provided in the tutorial.


So... I have created this tutorial for you on how to make your own folding doll house! My only request is that when you have finished one please let me see a picture, I think they are so cool.

Materials
Card stockPlain printer paper Clear/white glue (like Elmer's Glue)Scissors Markers, pencils, whatever you wa…